Welcome to the official site of the QED Metal Detector.
From this site you can:
- Read the latest news relating to the QED
- View and download the Manuals (PL1 and PL2)
- Find the Technical description of the QED
- View the many instructional (YouTube) Videos
- Read the history of the QED from idea to production
- Contact ‘QED Metal Detectors’ via a Contact Form
- View the list of QED Dealers and their contact details, and
- Find many important Prospecting/Fossicking License information and other important Prospecting resources by State/Territory.
The QED Metal Detector was first released in late 2016 on the anniversary of the 162nd Eureka Rebellion. It was known as the QED PL1 and had only three control buttons on the forward mounted control box.
The QED design philosophy was to “to create a performance competitive detector at a realistic price for fellow prospectors”. The result is a single channel Pulse Induction metal detector that’s very well priced in relation to its competitors and has the performance to match the current tier 1 metal detectors of all other brands; you can swing it all day without a harness and bungy and the supplied LiPo batteries last all day.
Three other major advantages of the QED are:
- It can use most of the past and present Mono (round or elliptical) coils, either flat wound, bundle wound, spiral wound or conventionally wound from all of the major coil manufacturers.
- It has a 5-year Industry high retrospective Manufacturer’s warranty on the QED control box/boxes, which commences from the original purchase date and is transferable.
- All Software updates are cost-free to units within the warranty period, however the QED Detector owner is responsible for all transport costs to and from the QED Manufacturer (INTERFACION PTY LTD).
Mid 2018 saw the release of the current version, the QED PL2, which had some important improvements:
- The main box re-located to under the elbow and the Control Box located forward for better weight distribution and better ergonomics
- 8 Modes increased to 15 Modes to improve performance over heavily mineralised ground
- The addition of Mode 16 for beach detecting
- The addition of the Automatic Ground Balance (AGB) function via a newly introduced fourth control button